The Playful Pencil is seeking talented and enthusiastic instructors to offer fun and exciting art programs for children, youth, adults and seniors. Program ideas can include everything from urban sketching to comic book creation, from meditative drawing to still life and from sharpie projects to brush and ink graphic novel masterpieces. As one of our instructors you will enter into an independent contract with the Playful Pencil and working together we will help you share your passion and artistic skills with our community.
What does the Playful Pencil offer Instructors?
- A studio space with tables and seating for up to 8 participants
- Washroom facility and a small kitchen area with a sink
- Promotion of your classes through our website and social media channels
- Registration system that allows for online and in-person registration
- Class attendance lists
How the Process Works
The process begins with the independent instructor proposing a program through our online application form. We then review the proposal and assess whether or not it corresponds with the Playful Pencil’s aims as a studio which are to provide fun and educational art programs with a focus on drawing, cartooning and sketching. If the program looks interesting and fits within these aims, a meeting with the instructor will be arranged. At this first meeting topics such as studio availability and the Playful Pencil’s fee structure will be discussed.
Upon conclusion of the meeting, a formal written service agreement will be drafted for the instructor to review. When both parties are in agreement of the terms, the service agreement will be signed and the instructor will receive a copy for their records. Instructors who will be continuing to offer programs through the Playful Pencil will be provided with an updated agreement prior to each new programming session.
Information that will be required in the application form
- Full name, home address, telephone number, social insurance number and email address.
- Upload of digital copies of 8-10 examples of artist’s work
- Resume of art creation and/or instruction experience
- Three references
- Once a service agreement is offered, it is necessary for all instructors to authorize the Playful Pencil to perform a Criminal Records Check. The service agreement is contingent upon a clear police records check
So if becoming an instructor interests you, please read our additional information on becoming a Playful Pencil instructor and complete the application form below. If you have any questions call Jodi at 778-265-2261 or send her an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.