Do have a group of friends who want an excuse to get together – on a regular basis or for a one time art thing? Looking to try something different, something creative? Looking for a way to be playful, reduce stress and do something that engages your individual creativity? We’ve got lots of options for you!
- Mandala Making – if you are looking to relax while making something beautiful this is a lovely way to spend time together with your friends. $20/person
- Comic Jam – Cartooning has been around a lot longer than you think and is all about conveying a message through simple drawing techniques – work together with your friends on some simple comics that reflect your individual or combined group interests. $20/person
- Cartoon Portraiture – Have fun developing cartoon portraits of you and your friends. Time to really observe those features that make us who we are. Oh yes… hilarity will ensue… $20/person
- Colouring Book Creation – work together to create several patterned pages which we will publish as your very own group colouring book. These are a lovely keepsake that you can colour together or on your own. $35/person (includes printing costs)
- Doodling Plants & Flowers – spend some time learning how to observe various plants and flowers so that you can represent them in a simple, clear, illustrative style. You may think you can’t draw, but Jodi will help you learn how to break down a complicated plant into pieces that you can tackle on your own. $20/person
- Zen Doodling – learn a number of patterns together and then incorporate these into a master drawing that will be wall worthy. You’ll be surprised how easy and fun this simple art technique can be. $20/person
- The Story of Me/Us – using simple drawings create a short booklet that summarizes your story so far. Work with your friends to highlight your life’s moments or your moments together in this fun workshop. We give you some pre-workshop homework so you come prepared to illustrate your story when you arrive. $20/person
- Pitch your own idea – Jodi can help put together a workshop based on your own ideas. She loves new ideas and will bring her skills, energy and enthusiasm to make your workshop memorable.
How does it work?
How many people can participate?
- We can accommodate up to 8 participants at the studio and require a minimum of 5 participants to run a workshop. We can accommodate more participants if the workshop is taking place in someone’s home or at a larger, rented venue.
How long are the workshops?
- Workshops usually last 90 minutes. Pricing is based on this length of time, but we can be flexible if something would work better for your schedule.
Who might book a workshop?
- Any group of people – friends, coworkers, book clubs, etc
- You can book one for a baby shower, wedding shower, birthday party, etc
- You can also give a workshop as a gift – let your friend/family member choose who they invite and which workshop they’d like to do, or plan it for them.
When can I book a workshop?
- We will work out a time that works for you and the studio – Friday nights and Sunday mornings are often good times to book, but we have other times available.
How do I book a workshop?
- Contact Jodi to discuss which workshop you’d like to do (or pitch your own) and figure out a date, time and location (if it’s not going to be at the studio). Then fill out our booking form. A $100 deposit is required at the time of booking to reserve your workshop. (See the end of this page for the cancellation/rescheduling policies)
What do we bring?
- Generally all the supplies are provided unless something special is worked out between Jodi and the workshop host.
Can we bring food and beverages?
- Yes – we’re happy to have you bring these to the studio, but if you’d like to bring alcohol we need to know in advance and there is an extra $15 fee per participant to cover insurance. The studio has a fridge, sink and microwave that you can use as well as plates, cups, cutlery, mugs and wine glasses.
- de’lish cafe is across the street from the studio and caters so you might want to plan to go there afterwards or look into having them bring food to the studio. Lovely staff and excellent food. 🙂
If we want to stay at the studio for a bit of extra time after the workshop, is that OK?
- If you’d like to book the studio for a bit of extra time it’s $25/half hour. You can book time before or after, or a bit of time on both ends of your workshop.
Payment and cancellation information
What if I have to change my workshop booking?
- With at least 7 days notice we will just go ahead and change your date – no fee. With 6 or less days notice we will change your date, but there will be a $10 administration fee.
What if I need to cancel my workshop booking?
- For a full refund on your deposit we require two weeks notice. If withdrawing within two weeks of your booking a credit for the deposit amount less a $10 administrative fee will be issued. This credit will be available for future use.
When do we pay the balance on the workshop?
- Your final number of participants needs to be submitted to the studio within five days of your planned workshop. At that time a PayPal invoice will be issued and payment is due 48 hours in advance of the workshop start time. If payment is not received the workshop may be cancelled and no refund or credit will be issued.